Friday, October 1, 2010

Cabarete - Day 11 (recap)

Day 11:

So, the days are getting blurry, while I am on the vacation, but also now...as I look back everything is overlapping between the days.  Thank goodness I have pictures, which are the saving grace at this point for my memory.

So, tonight is to be the big Millennium pool party hosted by Laurel Eastman.  It looks like I will not be DJing the event, which would have been cool.  But before that, it is time to get out and get riding.  It's a rad day...wind is up, sun is out!



Sean is doing his second day of lessons and is ready to start body dragging.  Here he is getting an early start with Niko, his instructor.  I am behind him pumping up.


Sean Wood...about to have body dragging session/lesson.

Becky grabs some pics while Sean does his lesson.  Just by chance several of the shots have me riding in the background.


Sean and Niko walk the beach back upwind


Sean battles the surf.....with me in the background


I buzz the beach as Becky is taking pictures.


After an hour or two riding I come in and grab the camera.  I let Isaac take my kite and board out for a spin.  He loved it.  Here is a pic I caught of him getting some major air.


Isaac boosting on my kite and board

I also got a picture of Becky riding behind Isaac.  I let her know on her next break between sessions that she is standing up too straight, which is causing her to go downwind very fast, and instead she needs to lean back and really hang her weight from the kite. 

Becky riding behind Isaac.  (Becky on red RRD, Isaac on my Gray, Green, Black Slingshot)

On this same break from my session, I do not miss the chance, nor forget to do what Wally appreciates most...and that is to take pictures of the beach babes.




On Becky's next few runs she really starts to get thee hang of things, especially since she is improving her stance and leaning into it.  She actually gets upwind for the first time, and holds her ground for the majority of the rest of her run.  I am very proud of her!

looking good Becky - way to lean back and point upwind!!!

And now she even charges out to the reef break....

 I head out for one more session before we get ready for the pool party tonight.



Becky even gets a cool pic of Joey, the local boy who has been helping her out for the chance to ride her kite between her sessions.


Joey



Then around sunset, I come in tired.  We get ready to head to the pool party, but first we prefunk at F10.

panoramic shot of the prefunk

Joseph, F10's caretaker, joins us for a Cuba Libre


Sean and Isaac hang - good times

We then head out to the new Millennium condos, for the pool party hosted by Laurel Eastman.  When we arrive the party is in full effect.  Here are a bunch of various pictures of the night.  There is good techno playing, free sushi, and a rad pool with shifting colored lights.  Dirty dancing is encouraged on the center stage in the middle of the pool...which is enjoyed by all the men.  Oh, and open bar...very cool!!!

dope ass pool....DJ booth above it

Millennium condos in back...very nice

Brian and Lacee

Yes, we are cute!


Group shot.....

Green pool


aqua pool

blue pool

f*ck you pool

George gets down with the ladies

Becky says, "Look at my booty"!





mmmmmm....sushi

And the highlight of my night...... well, if you don't remember from my first post on Cabarete....I kicked it with Susi Mai for about 15-20 minutes.  She is hella hot, and super friendly.  I wanted to lick her and call dibs.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment