Monday, June 13, 2011

Maiden voyage... and Jetty Jam 2011

Ok, I don't have pictures...but the maiden voyage was almost my new girls last.

That's right!  I almost sunk her...in fact I did sink her...but thankfully I made it to within 6 ft or so to the shore.  Then with the help of about 6 other kiters we were able to drag her and about 1500lbs of water up on the beach to drain.

Needless to say I left her on Jetty Island for the night and retrieved her the next day.  Thankfully the next day kicked up 7 plus hrs of wind.  I rode for almost 3 hours and taught lessons for another 4.

What a day.  And to top it off, my boat started right up.....well, she did run like shit, but at least I got her back to the marina.

For big news we have our 2nd annual Jetty Jam kiteboarding event on June 25th & 26th.  I will be DJing on the beach. 

Be there!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment