Monday, July 12, 2010

Update: Raley and not so stoked....

Ok.  So I rode Friday, Saturday, and Sunday....three days in a row rawks. 

What didn't rock is that I wore my new Bobster Trident sunglasses out during the hot sunny part of the day Saturday.  As the sun started to set I put my glasses in the case they come with before heading out again for another session. 
After walking back to the car, when I opened my case to take out my new glasses...there is a buff on the lens from being in its case.    Super lame....and hella glad I purchased them from Amazon.com....because now I can send them back if they will not send me new lenses at no charge.  Sucks....not sure what I will do for eye protection in Cabarete next week.

Now for better news, I pulled off and landed my first Raley.  Ok, the raley was hooked in...so not quite the full shebang...but it is coming, trust me.

Here is what a Raley should look like unhooked:  (from the Progression kiteboarding series)




Here is what I did....Raley hooked in:



Although I can guarantee you that I was way more laid out superman style than this guy. And I threw my legs up high behind me too, well over my head. I got alot of pop and had my kite catch a small gust so I had more hang time...so maybe that is why.

Anyways, I will keep you posted on my progression.   5 days left until Cabarete...so I plan to come back a pimp on the H2O after two full weeks there!

No comments:

Post a Comment