Friday, February 12, 2010

La Ventana - Day 2 & 3 (recap) - Feb 2nd and 3rd

OK, so I know I need to appologize for not coming through on the whole "keeping up with my blog" plans, but in all reality, once I finally unplugged and the calming balanced feelings of vacation set in...opening my computer became the farthest thing from my mind.  I breathed in and soaked up the wonderful blissfullness of a vacation filled with great people, kiteboarding, and a whole bunch of other adventures.

Thus I apologize for keeping you in the dark and can only hope that you enjoy the "recap" of my vacation. I am also posting videos on the previous La Ventana post for Day 1 and 2.

So.... Day 2 night or Tuesday night, was amazing.  We went to pizza night at Glen's place.  On the way there about 5 of us pack ourselves into Dave (from Conneticut)'s rental car:



Glen has an amazing looking view from his roof top...he is an artist and has incorporated his artistic style into the whole house by designing it himself...and he is a master pizza maker.  All the pizza made that night was a big hit with everyone.

Further, we had no idea what wonderful pipes Glen has for singing, check it out yourself:


Here he is rolling his world famous pizza dough while Wally and I discuss the finer points of filming a spearfishing trip underwater with a flip camera:



Moving on..... Day 3, Wednesday turns out to be the pits as it rains throughout the day. No wind. Becky and I do however get out and explore before the downpours. Here she is after we crept up close to some pelicans. 

The birds are so large they have no real natural predetors on land, and the fact that fishermen feed them scraps all the time mean that they are not very concerned with humans so you can get quite close to them before they take flight. Man O man are they weird looking. They remind me of prehistoric birds, pterodactyls.

And here is a close up of the pelicans:

Becky took many cool pictures on our little adventure.  Here is one of a dead puffer fish on the beach...just one more reason to watch where you are stepping!!!


And another of a dead eel washed to shore...this one is cool!


After the two of us take our walk down the beach, we headed as a Casa Verde group to Baja Joe's to check out the kiteboarding shop.  Becky and I didn't actually buy anything, but some of the crew picked up rash guards and / or neopren booties.

Personally I was just glad that all week I could ride barefoot....I hate riding in booties.  I lose all board feel and somewhat slosh around on the board.  Yes, I had be careful when launching and landing to make sure that I was not doing either at the heart of a black sea urchin bed, but that was easier to do than ride in booties if you ask me.


Baja Joe rentals


The boyz in front of Baja Joe's


Here we are walking back from Baja Joe's after the sky starts to clear a bit:

No comments:

Post a Comment