Monday, February 15, 2010

You should be here: La Ventana

That pretty much goes without saying! If you kiteboard, have ever wanted to kiteboard, or just think all this stuff I post looks like a good time...then you should have been here!

But one person gets a special shout out... Alan Wilson.  We have been friends since 3rd grade.... yes, it is OK to feel sorry for him;)

You see, since I started kiting in June, Alan has been asking me if I have met a guy named "John Carroll" of whom he does business with at Amazon.com. Alan is a buyer at Amazon, John Carroll a manufacturers rep and avid kiteboarder.

I did not know who John was until one day I put two and two together. I am friends with both Devon at Urban Surf and Colleen at Bellingham Kiteboarding, and the two of them are brother and sister.

Alan told me that he thought that John's kids were really into the sport, and so I connected the dots.  Yes, they kiteboard as a family....super cool!   John is one cool dad and all around guy!

Well, at Casa Verde I finally got to meet John Carroll, hang out, have a few drinks, and talk about how we need to get my boy, Alan Wilson, into the sport.

This one's for you A!


No comments:

Post a Comment