Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's official, I am a jumping machine!

I wish I had pictures! I wish Becky could corroborate my story!

Unfortunately I have neither, but that doesn't change the fact that on Sunday at Locust in Bellingham I was a jumping machine on my 11m!

No kidding. Finally it has all come together, everything I have worked for the last 9 months has paid off, and now I can jump with ease. Granted, I am just boosting big...but I am also landing consistantly.

I did do the infamous backroll-to-kiteloop crash...but I bet later this week I will pull off my first backroll.

All day at Locust I stayed upwind...way upwind in fact. I pulled off all the transitions I have been working on, and was downlooping like a madman.

One thing I can say, is that boy-oh-boy I am sore today.  Every muscle in my body, and especially in my stomach is sore.   I am going to be in great shape by the end of summer.  Watch!

I can't wait for the Northerlies to kick in...Hopefully tomorrow, so I can ride my 14m Raven and really get some air.

Also, Becky had her longest rides on Sunday and is finally feeling like becoming a decent kiteboarder is well within her reach. I am very proud of her. She doesn't give up, keeps pushing herself, and it has finally paid off. I think she will be a great inspiration to other women trying to get into the sport, because she will be able to honestly tell them that it wasn't easy, but if they stick with it and keep practicing, it won't be long before they can rip just like the boyz.

Anyways, no pictures yet, but I am sure that I will get some good ones in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment