Monday, June 7, 2010

I finally have proof!!!


On Saturday, June 5th 2010, history was made, thanks to my buddy Alan Wilson.  You see, he came out to Jetty Island with Ross Moore and myself. And finally I have proof that I can jump because Alan took some pictures of me in the air.  They weren't by any means the largest jumps of the day...but they are the first images of me jumping, so regardless I am stoked.  Here is the first one....


And here is the second jump...notice that you can see where I took off from the water in the background.

Anyways, Saturday wasn't the best wind.  It was definitelt light out.  But fun none-the-less.  My buddy Ross, a old high school friend, is up and riding now.  In the below sequence of pictures he is riding, and then in the second pic he is telling Alan how stoked he is...even if he is doing the walk of shame.


Ross riding...and only his 4th time out.

"You see that?  I'm tearing it up today!" - Ross super stoked.

So yeah, it was a good day for all.   Even Alan who got a good hour or two on the 3m Best trainer kite.  Another hour or two and we may get him stoked enough to give body dragging a go.  We shall see.  At least he had such a good time that he is planning to hit up Jetty Jam for the two days with us.  Who knows, maybe by the end of summer we will have another old skool homie under a kite killing it on the H2O.......
I might also mention that at the end of the day I performed a self landing...successfully too I might add.  It was my second time doing so.  I had my co-worker Mark Ullrich there to assist in case something went wrong. 




Here is Mark and I after a good day on the water...and no, I am not sure what he is doing in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I'm showing that even though I clearly spent all my money on this sport, it still makes me the happiest dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only thing worse than a post with no comments, is a post with 1.

    Now...there is 2!

    ReplyDelete