Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cabarete - Day 9 (recap)

Pushing forward.....

Day 9:



Today is stellar!  Mad wind all day.  I get out early on my 13m until I am lit out of my mind.  Kitebeach is a busy freakin place today!


After my 13m session I sit on the deck, drink a beer, and reset for a few before heading back out.


Becky is out riding, and Sean is doing his first lesson with Niko. 

I head out with Alex, who takes a few hours off to ride with me, and we upwind it from kite beach to about 2 miles upwind to the top point of Bozo beach on the other side of Cabarete.  I have never rode so far upwind in my life.  It was awesome, but a lot of work! 

It took me at least 20-30 tacks, whereas Alex did it in like 4.  He said I should be able to do the same, so I plan on making this trip several more times before I leave to really dial in my upwind skills.

Here are some pictures of F10 kite club.







You can see me packing my 10m out to the beach to get my second session of the day.

Like I said, lots of kiters out.  And Becky even takes some shots of hot female kiters to bring back to the States for our buddy, Wally aka Gator.



beauties and the beast???

Becky also gets a great panoramic picture of kite beach. You can see me with my 13m and 10m in the left hand corner.


click for larger view

One of the gals taking lessons has become our friend, Lacee Gordon, and today she earns her first kiteboarding battle wounds.



After a very tiring day of riding (I think I got 3 or 3 sessions in) we have plans to take Pedro and Wendy (Wendy is an ex-pat) for dinner.  We are told by everyone that "Bliss" is by far the nicest place in Cabarete.  So, around 7pm Wendy and Pedro arrive and we head to Bliss after giving them each a few little gifts we had brought them.

Bliss is absolutely stunning! French owned, amazing food and service, and a lovely atmosphere.





We sit, enjoy dinner, and have a great time into the evening.  Here are some picture of the food, which Sean insisted we take, since he is a chef in Seattle.


lamb ... sooo damn good!


shrimp


mahi-mahi

After heading back, I am pretty sure we drank rum and beer...but honestly I was so tired from riding, and content from the excellent meal, that I could be wrong...maybe we just went to bed.  Either way, there is no pictures of the rest of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment