Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cabarete - Day 6 (recap)

Oh, today was a slight bummer as it is the last full day in Cabarete for Daniel Stoner, Anne, Park, and Delany....we will miss them.

On the bright side Becky's best friend, Sean Wood, will be arriving tomorrow, so we are excited for that.  We will be checking out of Viva de Tangerine today and moving into a room at F10 kite club.

Before we check out and head down toF10 on kite beach  (Viva is located on Bozo beach), we decide to head into town one last time with the Stoner family. Parker wanted to get a new wooden machete.

Of course once we are in town we get hassled left and right to check different little stores.  I actually walk into one art store and I am instantly reminded of the art from the early years of one of my old friends, Burgandy Viscosi.


One of the great things about the Dominican Republic is that there is alot of emphasis on art, theater, and music.
After Parker got himself a new machete, Becky and I decided to head across the street to the German place for a beer. 


I was bummed that they were out of dark German beers...but I made due with a Presidente. 


Delany then borrowed our digital camera and took a few pictures of Becky and I hamming it up.


Popeye the sailor drunk and Olivoil pose for the camera

After cooling off with a cold one, we head back down the beach to Viva, in order to check out and get down to F10.  My goal is to get on the water...and it looks like the wind is starting to pick up.  For the most part though there are only big kites up and no one is doing much.


Becky and head in, finish packing, and check out as quick as possible.  Then Becky, Danial and I grab a motor concho and head to F10 hoping that the wind will pick up a bit more..... Unfortunately it never really does.

In fact, it backs off just slightly.  Daniel decides to give it a go, but he ends up walking back up the beach to the top of kite beach after every 10 or so tacks.

Daniel launches from the top of kite beach

Here we get a great little video of him riding in the light winds.  Wait until the end when he pulls off this awesome move!!!  It is well worth the 1 minute 31 second wait.


After shlogging around, Daniel we head back to Viva.we also tell him that we plan to hit the town up late night and do some partying.  We tell him that he needs to sneak out and come party with us since it is his last night. 

Unfortunately for Daniel the wind picks up right towards dusk about 1 hr after he left F10! 

I score an epic sunset session....but don't tell Daniel, I didn't want to rub it in!

We get a great surprise not long after I get done riding.  Our friend Carolina from Santiago and her Aunt come to F10 to party down for the night. 

Here are some of the epic picture from our evening out on the town.  Daniel was even able to sneak out and meet up.

Now tell me those picture don;t look like a fun night?
Want to know the score?

  • 2 bottles of rum for pre-funk

  • 1 bottle of rum and vodka each at the beach

  • 4 monster and 4 red bull

  • then a bottle of tequila when everyone got back....oh, and 1 more bottle of rum!
Here I am hella...and I mean hella drunk.  I believe Becky may have turned the video on, but it could have just as easily been me, and I just forget about it.  Listen how drunk I am, so drunk that I have acquired a bad english accent spoken in pigeon spanish...or vice versa.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! What i am going to ask has nothing to do with the blog. Sorry about that!

    I watched the climbing movie Core, by Chuck Fryberger and wanted to know what music from Theory in Motion is on the movie. I would like to know if it is the one in the very beggining of this teaser. If so, what's the name of the song and how could i find it on the web?

    thanks! and sorry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to post the teaser.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3SDGJECSk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song is in the begining with teh city behind him. It's called Money from our second album.

    Here are links to both.
    1st album: Are You Ready?
    http://www.theorytheproducer.com/AreYouReady_TnM.rar

    2nd album: Wake Up
    http://www.theorytheproducer.com/WakeUp_TnM.rar

    ReplyDelete