Monday, August 30, 2010

Cabarete - Day 5 (recap)

Day 5 starts off with an adventure for the boys and then when we get back a trip to town for ice cream.

Daniel, Parker, and I head down to kite beach with our snorkel gear to attempt to snorkel out to the reef.  Needless to say that the trip doesn't last very long due to the fact that the waters are rough today and so visibility is low for the first 100+ yards off shore.  This is not the conditions that someone new to snorkeling, like Parker, feel comfortable swimming in.   We decide that it would be better to try it out a different day if the water is less rough another morning.

While we are out, the girls hang around for a bit and then head to town.  Becky and Delany take turns taking close up pictures of each other.  Becky is even getting a nice tan (for her) by this time in our trip.

Becky close up


Delany close up

Delany also takes some other pictures of the local foliage.



When we get back from our attempted snorkeling trip the local "sun troupe" at Vivia is leading aqua aerobics.







We head to the beach to walk up to Cabarete since it is always cooler on the beach due to the breeze...not to mention we try to enjoy the ocean and sand as much as possible.


pathway down to the beach

Once we get up to Cabarete we take our normal walk in that brings us through this cute little alley that is lined with stores and restaurants.  The buildings here just have a great design.


First things first though....it's hot out...let's get some ice cream guys!


We make a stop or two, then head on back down the beach to Viva....and to our chance to kite some more.  The wind is building and kites are getting on the water.   Time to hurry up and get out there if you ask Daniel or I!


We also see something that absolutely makes me glad we kiteboard....and no, poleboarding..I mean wind surfing does not look fun!



By the time we are halfway back, it is going off!!!




So once at Viva, Becky and I run in, lube up with sun screen and head to kite beach to get out there and start riding.  Daniel plans to ride down and meet us. 

On our walk down to kite beach Becky takes a picture that is somewhat ironic....a Cabarete classic for sure.


Once at kitebeach I get a wicked 2-3 hrs on the water.  Becky has a great day and progresses. All in all a fantastic day with stellar wind and water. 

I go riding with Alex and end up "upwinding" it to the eastern most point of Cabarete / Bozo beach...which needless to say is the furthest I have ever rode up wind.  Alex tells me that I should be able to do it in 2 or 3 tacks at the most.  Jeesh.....it took me at least 25 today.

After my session we get to watch the hothead Texan get cut off by some other kiter...or so he says...and then he proceeded to yell at him.  The guy was twice as big as Brian, the Texan, so we all knew if punches got thrown, there would only be two hits.  Dude hitting Brian, Brian hitting the ground.  Needless to say, some on the deck at F10  where hoping to see that scenario.



While we are watching the spectacle I get visited by a little dog.  Kind of cute little bugger!


His name is Brownie.



Then, after a bit of hanging, Becky and I decide to walk back to Viva for dinner. 

We grab a quick picture in front of kite beach first...



And then we walk the beach back...ocean water and sand between our toes.


Once back we get entertained before dinner by Delany, who since she is no longer wearing kitty cat make up...decides to draw one for me instead.


And that was pretty much our day...I am sure that we caught a show after dinner...and drinks...but I can't remember what was going on this night.

I leave you with one last shot from day 5...my rash guard and board shorts combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment