Monday, August 9, 2010

Cabarete....I miss you already!

Hola'.  Yes, I am back from Cabarete, and once again I have to apologize for not keeping my blog up to date.  But you know, how can you blame me for unplugging from life and truly just relaxing and getting the most out of all that the Dominican Republic has to offer.

And offer up it did.  I rode 9-10 days of the 14 days Becky and I were there.  One or two of the days I did not ride was just due to being spoiled such that it was 13m weather and I wasn't feeling like riding unless it was 10m or smaller.  Yes, that is definitely the sign of a good kiteboarding vacation.

Also, if you are reading this and you are one of the fellow Seattle / NW riders who gave me shit about heading to Cabarete because the summers here rawk and I was going to miss out on all the action...well, let's compair....I had 12 days of ride-able wind....to your...hrmmmm.....2 or 3 in a two week period.  Eat crow..... because Cabarete kicked ass!

So, to continue, as before I will be updating my blog over the next week or so with a full recap of the trip.  To start you off and to give you a little teaser, posted below are several of the highlights of my trip.  Explanations will follow in future posts, but for now....enjoy!

kiteboarding buddies: Sir Richard Branson, Becky, Me, Laurel Eastman


me and Susi Mai....a major highlight!!!!!

I might also mention that before I left some of the PNW locals were trying to convince me that I need only bring 2 t-shirts, 1 pair of board shorts, flip flops, and one extra pair of shorts for the trip.  I found this quite funny, so I took a picture of my boardshort and rash guard/t-shirt combo most days I was there.....and from the above picture you can see the reason that having enough gear to look good at all times is essential on your kiteboarding vacations! 

I mean who wants to jock on a Susi Mai, Linn Svendsen, or Sjoukje Bredenkamp in dirty, ocean funktified clothes?   Yes, you can see I am smiling because I am next to one of the hottest chicks around, but also because I didn't listen to the stinky Seattle natives when I packed my suitcase!!!

Ahhh.....I miss Cabarete..... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment