Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1 & 2 Cabarete (recap)

Becky and I left at 10pm from Seattle on Monday and arrived in Puerta Plata at 4pm on Tuesday.  Needless to say we were both beat.  We did however have a great dinner with Daniel Stoner, his wife Anne, daughter Delaney, and son Parker.  They are a great family who you will see more of in the next few posts.

After a great dinner we watched a show put on by the Viva Tangerine's sun crew, who always do their best to put on a good show.

When the show ended Becky and I went next door to the Maraja Beach Bar for a drink, and to use their wifi access.  Here is a picture the waitress took of us.


So, while Tuesday was officially my first day...I did not ride until day 2.

And holey moley it was crazy.  The first 2 days there a cyclone system aka tropical storm was moving through the region and because of it the ocean swell was pretty intense.  In fact, both Becky and I started questioning whether last years trip even had flat water as we seemed to remember...or if in fact the waters were crazy, but since we were just learning, maybe we forgot about that in all the hectic sessions that come with learning and lessons.  Not only that, but it was quite a bit darker and gloomier than we remembered as well.


Before riding Becky and I took a walk down to kite beach to see my friend Alex (the owner of F10).  We took Parker and Delaney with us to give Daniel and Anne some much needed alone time and a break from the kids.

Here is a picture of the 3 of us at kite beach.



After my riding session I went for a swim and we tried out Becky's new Pentex camera which is water proof, shock proof, freeze proof....oh, and Ryan proof.  Here is a video of hanging with the kids in the pool.

In the evening we watched another fun show....and the pre-show was Delaney hamming it up on stage....6 going on 16 I tell ya!


Oh, and not to forget one last item of the day...here is my 1st boardshort and rash guard combo worn on day 2. 
Yeah, I make this look good!



No comments:

Post a Comment