Thursday, August 11, 2011

Puerto Rico trip (day 2)

Day 2 starts with me and my one-tracked mind walking out to check the wind almost as my feet hit the floor in the morning.  I probably had made two trips down the stairs and out to the beach before either Becky or Sean had even woke up. 

Here is a pic of our condo from the water...and as such a picture of the beach I made my wind assessments on each morning.



Already the wind is up and its only 9am.  After eating breakfast I pump up my 13m and head out.  Probably around 11am......



Unfortunately the beach at Isla Verde is not set up well for getting picture, as there is a buoy system about 50ft out that keeps swimmers from going out where there is boat traffic, but it also makes it hard to come jump near shore for pics.  Oh well.  Still I score a wicked 2 hr solo sesh.  I see at least 10 sea turtles who tend to dive when they see the kite, aka big ass bird of prey.

Also, at some points I was riding over the reef, which was not more than 2ft at most from the surface.  I would see fairly large fish run from me...most often what looked to be bright turquoise parrot fish.

Eventually I tire....

When I come in you know I head straight for a cold beer.



Not long after finishing a beer or two....we are all ready for some lunch.  So we decide to walk to the northern portion of Isla Verde and stop and eat at one of the beach side restaurants.

More beer, a pina colada, and a great tasting sandwich.  Fun staff too.  


Here's the deal...when in Puerto Rico it is helpful to know Spanish....but in most tourist areas it is not needed.  Take the above place we had lunch.  I take a moment to formulate my order in Spanish.  After listening kindly, the server responds with a smirk on his face, "No problem dude, I got you covered." This experience is repeated several times for us during our stay.

After lunch, it is probably about 4pm.  We decide to hit a grocery store up on the way back.  We score quite a bunch of good stuff from the Pueblo..although beer is supper expensive here, oh and not a good micro beer in sight.

After getting back with groceries we decide to walk up the beach into the sunset...and after a mile or two we walk back.


And they sure don't get much prettier than this do they?





During the walk, both into the sunset and walking back to our condo, Sean and I both take off our shirts and enjoy the tropical warmth.  Take note...this plays a part in tomorrows update.

Anyhow, we get back, drink another beer in the dark on the beach...or two....before heading to our room for some wifi and tv action...along with a rum and coke.



No comments:

Post a Comment