Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Where'd you get that parachute?"


That seems to be the question, or at least some form of it, that I hear from non-kiters at the beach over and over.  I can understand why, I mean the kites are big enough to generate boat-like power for us boarders while we are out on the water rockin it.  But, it's not a parachute guys...it is a kite...and it's for kiteboarding.

Above is a picture of me with my light wind kite, which is a 2007 16m Naish Raven II. It give perspective on just how big the kites we use are.  And yes, we can control them fully, making them fly in the direction that we need them to in order to keep ourselves hydro-planing on our kiteboard.

Becky and I also have a 2009 11m Eclipse Nano and a 2009 6m Liquid Force Session.
The size of kite used is determined by the speed of the wind.  I have used all three of our kites, while Becky has only used the 11m and 6m.  The 16m is much to big for her.
Anyways, that the scoop...it's a kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment